Is your life in danger?
If you have seriously harmed yourself - for example, taken a drug overdose - call 999 to go straight to A&E or ask someone to call 999 for you or take you to A&E.
For mental health crisis and emotional support
Telephone Number: Freephone 08081 966798
(Hours of operation: 24 hours a day, seven days a week).
Description: This crisis service is aligned to our Mental Health Access Hubs, and when you contact us we will explore with you the nature of your crisis and assess with you if we need to make arrangements for you to visit us or for us to come and visit you at your home. This service is operated by a range of experienced NHS staff and clinicians with specific expertise in crisis and de-escalation interventions. If you call us we will be able to guide you to service offers available to you across Coventry and Warwickshire.
Other sources of Mental Health Support
- If you are having thoughts about suicide and need to talk to someone, you can speak to Samaritians by calling 116 123, for free, or by visiting their https://www.samaritans.org/
- https://StayingSafe.net ffers compassion, kindness and easy ways to help keep people safer from thoughts of harm and suicide, seek support and discover hope of recovery through powerful videos from people with personal experience.The website provides vital 'Safety Plan' guidance tools jointly funded by NHS England, with easy to print / online templates and guidance video tutorials purposefully designed to help people through the process of writing their own Safety Plan to build hope, identify actions and strategies to resist suicidal thoughts and develop positive ways to cope with stress and emotional distress.
- For mental health support, we also recommend looking at the Stay Alive app.
- The Zero Suicide Alliance now offers free online suicide prevention training. The training takes 20 minutes to complete and will give you the skills that could lead to a life being saved.
- If you are concerned about the mental health of someone you know, please see some advice and guidance from Shining a Light on Suicide.
- Coventry Safe Haven is open 6pm - 11pm every day. Book an appointment on 07850 901146. Find out more:
- For more information about the local support available, please download the flyer below: